When does it ever end with family/friends. I have two beautiful children who sometimes drive me up a wall but I love dearly. My oldest just turned 12 and my youngest is 7. Who in their right mind would think I would want to start all over and have a baby?
I really thought my hubby and I were past the point with family and friends and the lingering question of, "when are you going to have another" but just recently the question reared it's ugly head once again. Are these people serious? So, here are my top ten reasons why I am not interested in having another child. Selfish as they may be.
1. I didn't enjoy pregnancy and have no desire to have another tiny human in my body ever again.
2. I didn't enjoy the infant stage. All they do is eat, sleep and poop.
3. I'm glad to be done with daycare and to have more money to spend on actual fun time with my family vs. paying it to someone else to enjoy my children while I am at work.
4. I enjoy my sleep. I have no desire to start midnight feedings again nor do I miss changing crappy diapers in the middle of the night.
5. I can go to a store without hauling around the dinosaur sized infant seat.
6. I can take friends/family in my car now without having to remove the car seats that, once they are in, are virtually impossible to get out. Then you have to try to get them back in again. Ugh!
7. I don't have to climb over safety gates, worry about small decorations being down to low or worry about if I got the child safety latch back on the cupboard with the cleaning supplies on it.
8. I don't have to lug a bag full of formula, diapers, burp cloths, etc. with me everywhere I go now.
9. I like being able to talk to my children so I know what is wrong with them. The guessing game before they could talk drove me batty.
10. I'm almost 38 years old and my hubby is over 40. Enough said.
Don't get me wrong. I enjoy other people's babies for a limited amount of time but don't think my old, tired body is ready for another one of my own.